Home > Gallery Menu > S&D J R 2-8-0 no. 88

S&D J R 2-8-0 no. 88

88

Fowler designed 2-8-0 mineral loco originally ran on the Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway. No. 88 was built by Stevenson's in 1925 and was left-hand drive from new. In 1930 it was renumbered 9668 by the LMS, then from 1932 it ran with the number 13808 and was painted black. In 1948 BR renumbered it again to 53808 which it carried until withdrawn in 1964. After rescue from Dai Woodham's in 1968, it was restored and steamed again in 1987. A further overhaul was carried out between 1996 and 2006 when it was once again in steam. It is seen here in March 2008 at Bewdley on the SVR restored to the original S&DJR Prussian Blue livery. Photo DGC.