Home > Gallery Menu > GC no. 506 Butler-Henderson

GC no. 506 Butler-Henderson

506

GC 4-4-0 no 506 Butler-Henderson was the first of the "Director" class D11/1 (LNER) built at Gorton in December 1919 designed by J G Robinson. Its LNER number was 5506 and in BR days it carried 62660. It was withdrawn in October 1960. The photograph (DGC) was taken at Barrow Hill open day in April 2009.